Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Jacqueline Sandra Antoinette Shury (and later Carter) was born on February 12, 1961. Not on 2.14.58 as she would have most believe. Born in Queens, New York and shipped to Guyana, she stood second to the youngest out of 8 siblings. Her mother was somewhere between manic depression and schizophrenia. Her father spent years trying to compensate for the mistakes he made in choosing the person to have children with.
Jackie (as everyone called her because she simply wouldn't have it any other way) attended Bethune-Cookman College as graduated with a degree in Human Services. She had 3 children.
In 1991, Jackie became pregnant with her last child... the boy she wanted. It was at this time she was diagnosed with the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) along with her unborn child.

My mother fought for 10 years.
She was tired.
So finally, she rested on December 23, 2001.

This is the surface. The memories I have are so much richer and full of life. I feel obligated to remind those who have forgotten.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful... So, so, so beautiful. I cry as I read about love lost... Lost Love. I imagine the greatness and the strentgh brought forth at the same time you run into weakness. I am sorry that your memory is so vivid. I pray that oneday you heal and take your inner strength into Konwledge so you can find devine wisdom to bring forth your understanding. Blessings to you and yours. I apologize in advance for all the things I have not experienced and hope that one day you will be set free. Forever your destiny...

ALLAH

Green said...

Thank you SO MUCH for your feedback. I'm actually glad my memory is so vivid. It plagues me, but I'd rather have it then to never see those times. Sigh